Technology and Internet Access >
Can I add my child’s school-issued Google account to our personal Chromebook?
Parents/guardians who allow their children to access a personal Chromebook with a supervised Family Link Account can add your child’s school-issued Google Account directly to your Chromebook by completing the following steps:
- Sign out of the child’s supervised Family Link Account.
- You will see the Chromebook sign in screen
- On the bottom left, click “Add person”
- On the parent’s phone, open up the Family Link app, go to the menu (in the upper left corner of the screen) and click “Parent access code.” Alternatively, go to families.google.com on a web browser, sign in with the parent’s gmail account, open the menu (in the upper left corner of the screen), click on “Parent access code.”
- Type in the parent access code on the Chromebook sign in screen
- Sign in to the school-issued Google Account using the student’s school email address and password.
It is important to note that while your child is signed in with their school account, the school account settings will apply and Family Link’s supervision tools will not work.
Additional Student Technology Resources can be found on Canvas. Login is required.