Per Policy 9000, reassignments will not be granted for the following reasons:
- The need for a particular schedule or class.
- Requests for siblings to remain enrolled in the same school.
- Addressing the impact of redistricting options, except for students with an IEP, 504 Plan or those with at least one parent who is currently active duty military personnel.
- Accommodating child care arrangements.
The following reasons are also not considered unique family hardships as, countywide, thousands of families manage similar challenges annually:
- the pandemic
- school safety concerns/peer conflicts that have not been brought to the attention of the school
- neighborhood conflicts
- familiarity/comfort with a particular school
- statements by parent of undiagnosed mental health concerns (e.g., my child does not like change, my child is anxious)
- missed deadlines for programs (e.g., JROTC)
- a family move prior to a student achieving Junior status
- conflicts with administration and/or specific teachers.
Student Reassignment is not the appropriate process to address dissatisfaction with Individual Educational Plan (IEP) accommodations and/or placement decisions or for Section 504 grievances. Such accommodations are made by an IEP team in order to implement a student’s IEP and provide a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) as mandated in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Please follow the proper due process for dissatisfaction with IEP placement or Section 504 grievances.