I live in another county, but I would like to enroll my child in a Howard County school. Can I pay tuition to enroll my child in HCPSS?

No. A family must reside in Howard County, Maryland in order to enroll in HCPSS. 

Three exceptions are made: (1) If the student’s parent is an employee of HCPSS who meets the eligibility requirements of Policy 9000 (tuition is assessed for employees who live out of county); (2) If a family is in the process of establishing bona fide residence in Howard County within 90 calendar days and meets the eligibility requirements (tuition is assessed if granted an extension beyond the 90 calendar day window); or (3) A family who moved out of the county after the start of the school year (tuition is assessed in order to complete the current school year).