Can I enroll my child if we haven't settled on our house in Howard County or if our house is being built?

A resident student whose parents have a contract to build, buy, or lease a home in a different school attendance area other than that of the student’s designated school may request reassignment to a school in the projected attendance area. Families have 90 calendar days from the first date of attendance (e.g., the student’s first day of school) to be settled in their new residence. If the student is not in the projected home within 90 calendar days of the student’s attendance, an extension may be granted. If the request for an extension is not approved, the student will be returned to the original designated school.

A nonresident student whose parents are residing out of county may attend school for up to 90 calendar days tuition free. After 90 calendar days, parents must apply for an extension. If the extension is granted, tuition will be assessed beginning on the first day of the extension. If the extension is not granted, the student will be required to attend school in the district of the current residence.

More information is available online.