skip to main content


Special Education >

What guidance is the school system following to provide services for my child who has an IEP or 504 Plan during the state-mandated school closures?

HCPSS is aligning services for students with disabilities with guidance provided by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) and the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). You may find additional information at:

The Maryland State Department of Education has also provided Technical Assistance Bulletins: