If the appellant is not satisfied with the decision, a final written appeal may be made to the Board of Education. This process is detailed in the Policy 5200 Implementation Procedures:
V. Walking Route and School Bus Stop Appeals
- Parents who have a concern about their student’s walking route or school bus stop location will contact the Student Transportation Office to indicate their concern.
- If the parent disagrees with the response from the area manager, the parent will be provided a Walking Route and School Bus Stop Appeal form.
- Walking Route and School Bus Stop Appeals must be submitted to the Student Transportation Office in writing, using the Walking Route Appeal Survey or the School Bus Stop Survey forms.
- Appeals will be forwarded to the Student Walking Route and Bus Stop Review Committee, who will submit its findings and recommendations to the Superintendent/designee.
- The Superintendent/designee will review the committee’s findings and recommendations, as well as those of the Student Transportation Office, and render a decision that will be communicated to the appellant.
- If the appellant is not satisfied with the Superintendent’s decision, a final written appeal may be made to the Board of Education.