There is no action needed from students/families at this time.
If you decide before the end of this 2020-2021 school year, that you would like your student to attend in-person learning at any time during the 2021-2022 school year, please email DEC@hcpss.org to remove your commitment for the DEC, as your commitment is to the virtual option for the entire 2021-2022 school year.
Please be aware of the following next steps:
- Final Board of Education budget approval will take place at the end of May which will determine the final DEC enrollment and course options. If the DEC is not funded, students will remain enrolled in their designated home school for next school year.
- In early June, DEC staff will contact families to review classes, schedules and student support needs. Please wait until June to contact DEC staff about classes as information will not be available before then.
- Once presented with classes, schedule and support options, you and your student can review and either confirm or decline the DEC option.
- Students who decline the DEC option will remain enrolled in their designated home school for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Students who confirm the DEC option will be formally enrolled in the DEC for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Staff will provide orientation dates for DEC students in August.