School social workers and agency clinicians support schools in a variety of ways such as:
- Attend Student Support Team (SST) Meetings
- Provide staff with essential information to better understand factors (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health, etc.) affecting a student’s performance and behavior.
- Collaborate with school teams to develop intervention plans to address the needs of students and families
- Implement school-wide programs or activities (parent workshops, bullying prevention, or mental health and wellness initiatives) to promote school success and emotional well-being
- Provide professional development to staff on trauma and mental health issues
- Collaborate with other school system departments and community organizations to decrease or remove barriers to student success
- Assist with crisis intervention